Tamron 90mm f/2.8 macro

m_p7

Anybody know what's up with Tamron? I'd like to order a 90mm f/2.8 Di macro

for my Pentax rigs, but both Adorama and B&H have been out of stock for

several weeks. Is there some production problem? I'm leary of ordering from

anyone else.

. . .and since B&H is closed for Passover holidays perhaps other retailers have it for sale? I have seen this on other sites and in stock. There are fair and professional dealers besides B&H and Adorama, although I do business with them also - no problems. Sometimes when they have been out of stock on items, my other vendors are well stocked . . .and sometimes cheaper.

Tamron seems to give very little information to their North American distributors - I e-mailed them about the Tamron 17-50 just before it came out, and their response was basically, "we'll know something when the box of lenses gets here." Japan seems to keep them in the dark.

There are very few professional dealers on the east coast besides Adorama and B&H. They do not screw you.

KEH, and Sammys also come to mind. I've used Kenmore Camera in Washington happily. And I've bought a few things from 17th street.

Broadway, Cambridge, and Tri-State should be avoided. Although tri-state is sort of legit (they always tell me the instock lens is out of stock but they can track it down for $30 extra which is not as bad as the others listed).

Overall, if you want satisfaction don't branch out too far.