120 E6 Processing Cost?

bob_h

HI Bob, Let me tell ya in south florida how it does cost: $5.00 cost film + $5.00 development (120 size)+ $15.00 scan fist roll high resolution($8.00 for the next ones) so if you do just one it will cost $2.50 per photo, total. If you do like 5 rolls it comes down to $1.92. Am i right? It's not pretty bad if you thing per photo, but if you compares with digital that you normaly do 500 pics per shoot now you realize you're going to expend a grand :) pretty bad!!!

i use my local lab (where i used to work) photocraft. prices are pretty much the same as above. if you're willing to wait a couple of days, they do mail-order. check their site: www.pcraft.com (yes, you need the w's). i think out-of-town is just under $5 plus postage, and everyone from around the country tells them they're the best in nation at E6.

try to make sure your lab has a refrema dip-and-dunk. these are the best machines. dip-and-dunk is much better than roller-transport, so do your research.

Hi Bob H.,

There was an old post few weeks ago about the same subject and many members suggested Walmart. Now I am using Walmart service for 120 E6. Walmart sends it to FUJI lab. It takes about a week and the cost is less than $5. I am very happy with the results and so are many others. So if you are shooting Fuji slides, this may be an option. Hope it helps. Subho

Cheapest I have found in Toronto is Downtown Camera.

Processing E6 120 is $6.49 CDN ($5.71 USD)

B&W is $8.00 ($7.04 USD)

Colour neg is $5.50 ($4.84 USD)

The nice thing about Downtown Camera is that they have special pricing on different days of the week. By processing on Wednesdays, I can get high-res Noritsu scans for $5.99. So my cheapest per-shot cose for E6 is to shoot past-date film (about $4), processed and scanned, for $1.37 CDN per picture.