Re: 6.5x9 Zeiss-Ikon

Here is a nude shoot that I was working on today. Taking with the Zeiss-Ikon, one thing I like about this camera that it has a self timer so I never need a cable;-), Film was the last of my 4x5 Agfa 400 rated at 400 developed in PMK 10ml:20ml:500ml for 5 minutes at 75 degress.<div>00KNSi-35533984.jpg.451db14dff4eeb193234663465ae344b.jpg</div>

You guys are crazy;-)

As I got my two new film holders with the film sheaths. I took a look at the back of them and look like you can use 6.5x9 film or 2 1/2 x 3 1/2.I cut my film to 6.5x9cm and work well. I know at Freestyle they sale both film. One for about $8.00 and the other for about $12.00. Has anyone use both size to see if any big gap? I like cutting my own because I like to use Tri-X, Hp5+ and Fp4+.

http://www.freestylephoto.biz/sc_prod.php?cat_id=404&pid=1000001854

http://www.freestylephoto.biz/sc_prod.php?cat_id=404&pid=1000002235

I don't have a problem cutting my film. I just wanted to know what others are using as for film size in their little 6.5x9 cameras. Has anyone tried cutting roll film? I just took a look and will see if I can tonight to see how that work out. I'll give you guys the update.<div>00KNyr-35542384.jpg.7503a094a0d9a17235a42dd98882180a.jpg</div>

Thanks Michael, I have read that article and also that is were I ended up buying my film holders with film sheaths. I did try cutting some 120 Tri-X and it was a pain in the ass because of the curls. I'm now sticking with cutting my 4x5 film and that work so much better. Like I said before I know I can get film for it. The choice of it I don't care that much for Efke film, so I will be sticking with my Tri-X, HP5+ and FP4+. I have everything and I'm happy so thank you all. I'm now having fun shooting and that's what it's all about. Later guys.

Rothelle.

Ilford sells(or did very recently) 2.25x3.25 sheets of HP5+. I don't remember what I paid(25 sheets to a box) but I remember it was reasonable through Adorama I think, or maybe BHPhoto. I still have a couple boxes. It works fine for me in my Voightlander and KW film holders. Not sure how it would do in a Zeiss-Ikon holder, but I can't imagine there is that much difference.

• 2 months later...
I know this is old, but I wanted to update the info just incase someone is looking for help. B&H dose sale it and also every year I can order as much as I want because Ilford dose a cut run for one of the Photographer shop in Palo Alto CA, Keeble & Shuchat. I also get to buy some nice clean cut 9X12;-)