Where does Nikon go ?

joel_pinson

Fred, there are two things I need sharp fast wide-angle for and/or good high ISO capability, and neither of them is on your list. Suffice it to say that if I had a Canon 5D, it would be no problem at all. I know, because I had chance to see for myself in Germany two weeks ago.

Anson, I agree with you about buying the equipment you need to do the job regardless of cost, but Nikon does not have a solution AT ANY PRICE at this time. Probably my D2x will be relegated to my daytime point-n-shoot camera for test shots while the serious night work is done by a new system, whatever that turns out to be. The frustration is that I have to buy (and carry) a whole different set of lenses and things for that system, when I'd much rather just have a different Nikon. (Note I didn't say "better" here, just "different". The D2x is a great camera; it's just not quite what I need for my wide-angle shots).

Ron

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ronald Olsen, Mar 21, 2007; 01:27 p.m.

Anson, I agree with you about buying the equipment you need to do the job regardless of cost, but Nikon does not have a solution AT ANY PRICE at this time.

Exactly, most people want to invest into one system that covers *most* of the time when you take shots. Nikon has some gears that canon does not have and vise versa. Thats' my reason to switched to canon because I need fast AF lenses like 24 1.4 50 1.0 85 1.2 and 200 1.8. Again, it's just me and I need those fast lens to do my job. Think about the tools that is necessary to do the job, not the brand and loyalty.