Classic photography alive and well in Northampton UK

h._p.

I thought the readers of this forum might be interested to see a young man who

clearly has his priorities correct. He was shooting some of the excellent

architecture of this town in the East Midlands using a mahogany 5x4. As someone

who shoots much more digital these days, I was pleased to see that the younger

generation isn't quite so sure that film is dead.

:-)))<div>00KR2n-35608484.JPG.4ccee5747bda1ac52e12a4b0a243a98a.JPG</div>

Thanks Jurgen, interesting site.

I, for one, am not a believer in the whole 'film v digital' debate. I was just really pleased to see someone enjoying himself making pictures the 'old' way and wanted to share that pleasure.<div>00KR4R-35608584.JPG.cfe93a753d985ddd6aa9ccdd072cd447.JPG</div>

<p>Glad to say my Shen Hao got a little bit of attention in Aberdeen a couple of weekends ago.</p>

<p><a href="http://pig.sty.nu/Pictures/pigpix.q?dir=large-format-5">Results</a> absolutely blew the <a href="http://pig.sty.nu/Pictures/pigpix.q?dir=aberdeen_2007">D200</a> out the water, too. Who needs 2-stop CP and ND filters at f/22 to slow things down to ~8s when you can just rate the film down to ISO50 and use f/32 instead? ;)</p><div>00KRAQ-35609984.jpg.008f0ce97cc06da45d9a91e56990f701.jpg</div>

I also don't believe film is dead, digital cut into film sales and that is all. Eventually a balance will be reached. If film is so dead, why are new scanners introduced (Microtek, Plustek, etc)? Evertime I think of using digital, I worry if I will still have those images 20 years from now. If your images useful life is only 5 yrs (as most commercial jobs...eg-McDonalds won't want the same image after 5 years)...then strictly digital is for you.