Ideas for a Studio

ian_cooke1

Hi,<p>

For a while I've been considering a studio space for my business, which has been sports photography

(mostly youth sports), some portraits, and now branching into weddings. Moving to a new house is not in

the cards for us right now. Anyway, I happened to find a nice small storefront space for cheap rent that's

just big enough for small portrait sessions and could probably be great for client meetings/presentations.

I'm just wondering how other people (wedding photographers) make use of their space if they have a

studio.<p>

I think Marc Williams posted a couple pics of his studio in a previous thread I started. Anyone else willing

to share a couple pics of their space (shooting or non-shooting), even if it's just a client meeting area in a

spare room of your house. Or just describe it.. I'm think I'm looking for inspiration to help push me into

signing a lease. Thanks!!

I just got a studio in November and I really like it. It's so nice to have a place to go and shoot no matter what the weather etc...this is not a storefront by any means though :)

These are just photos og the meeting area, but the shooting area can be seen in the portraits...and I just got a new website for portraits:

www.stacyandmaryphotos.com

Good luck finding something!<div>00KMr3-35525084.jpg.d088f7d31e5f4fda7dca8f8d15c42f33.jpg</div>

I use our Home and convert it to a studio shooting area in less than 20 minutes when needed.

These are old photos so equipment is better now but you get the idea.

The advantage to this situation is: the great room of our converted silent movie theater (now our home) is that I can convert this area into a photo studio quickly.

This is temporary as I prepare (ug, restore) the third floor for a studio location so we don't have to disrupt the family area so often.

The great room, fortunately, before and after conversion is a comfortable sitting area for those who come to just talk over wedding plans and works as well for photographing large groups comfortably. They can even go up onto the surround balcony if they want to just sit and talk or view what's going on just below.

So, here's my location from an old building that was about to be torn down that has been restored back to life.<div>00KNvH-35540784.jpg.05d32a3810fd2ad95bab641c3b71bae7.jpg</div>

Okay Stacey.

Multiple views of the studio. Believe me, it doesn't always look like this : -) At one end is

an Auto-pole system with six 12' X 24' backdrops that can be lowered for portraits and

commercial work. At the other end is the computer work station.

Dual 23" Cinema monitors aren't just a luxury ... when shooting MF digital cameras

tethered to the computer, one screen holds the thumbnails, and the other a full screen

preview of the last shot. I can be at the camera and glance over to see what was actually

captured.

The shelves hold all the strobe gear which are now Profoto not Elinchrom as shown. That

big white softbox is a 7' Elinchrom OctaBox which I converted to use on the Profoto heads.<div>00KO8j-35544384.thumb.jpg.33760054b839130d8e1d90e451add30b.jpg</div>