Fujifilm still commited to film

It's good to see a site for film but I read this somewhere:

"It turns out that apparently this site is not directly sponsored by Fuji, but by an independent company that's authorized to market film and such on behalf of Fuji."

"Rich and Al, the site is set up by Fujifilm UK."

Can you show me where Fujifilm directly says that? I see where the site owners imply or say Fujifilm "supports" (as in "hey, we at Fujifilm think it's great" not as in $$) the site but not any proof of Fujifilm's direct involvement anywhere.

David, the site owner can put what ever they choose to on their "contact". Heck, if I put Leica Germany's info on my own web page on the Contact link you'd take that as proof that my page is directly sponsored and run by Leica Germany? Is it that easy?

Here's the actual registrant for that site:

Registrant:

Darron Hartas

The Raylor Centre

James Street

York, North Yorkshire YO10 3DW

GB

Domain name: CHOOSE-FILM.COM

Administrative Contact:

Hartas, Darron wps@2000net.com

The Raylor Centre

James Street

York, North Yorkshire YO10 3DW

GB

+44.1904427777

Technical Contact:

Technical, PIPEX services@123-reg.co.uk

Portland Street

Beeston

Nottingham, Nottinghamshire NG9 2LP

UK

+44.1159170000 Fax: +44.1158770213

I'm still not convinced it's run or has anything official to do with Fujifilm.

Darron Hartas is a reasonably well-known photographic journalist especially in the web environment here in the UK. If he purported to suggest that a site which he had developed in splendid isolation was in fact Fuji linked his career would be over. The contact details provided on the site are AFAIK correct for Fuji here in the UK. It is clear to me tht Hartas has been commissioned by Fuji to set up the site for them. You are clutching at straws. Do you want to try again?

If it was a Fuji site, you would expect a link from Fuji's official UK web site. Interestingly, the way they describe the relationship is "choose film is supported by Fujifilm UK." Basically, this seems to mean advertising, from everything that is available at the site. And it's really odd that the "Where to Buy" page doesn't list anywhere. If this was a Fuji site, you'd expect a list of retail and/or mail order locations, not a page soliciting the names of stores.

It does appear that the person who runs it is a Fuji UK employee, and they do get advertising from Fuji, but that seems to be about it.

<i>If it was a Fuji site, you would expect a link from Fuji's official UK web site.</i></p>

<p>

The link for Fuji UK's website is on the main page at the lower left, the large "Fujifilm Profesional" logo.</p>

<p>

<i>And it's really odd that the "Where to Buy" page doesn't list anywhere. If this was a Fuji site, you'd expect a list of retail and/or mail order locations</i></p>

<p>

Actually, if you go the the Where to Buy page, simply choose a city in the drop-down box and click search. A list of retailers in that city will be displayed. You don't need to type anything in the 'company name' field.</p>

<p>

As David said, check the Terms & Conditions link for details.

It doesn't matter what they say, or who "they" are.

One of these days "they" may simply make a different announcement.

Eat, drink, and merrily shoot film: Tomorrow we'll be stuck with digicams.