most).

Yesterday and, after some experiment, today:

1. With the 50 lens on the body, I just need to cock the shutter once;

2. With 110 lens, sometimes 3-4 times, sometimes I can't cock it at all;

3. With the teleconverter on any lens, same problem as #2;

4. No lens on body - once like #1

Hmm... I am wondering whether it's a problem with the 110 lens and the 1.4

teleconverter...

Any advice will be appreciated before I take it to a camera repairer.

Thanks in advance.

Zane

you normally need to cock the shutter twice ??

well then id say your camera is used and the plates inside the camera that connect the lenses cocking mechanism with the camera is worn out. that means the cocking mechanism slides out of the plate and rests in its position.

this would mean, the camera is cocked the mirror is down but the lens is uncocked. it should not be possible to remove the lens then.

check the plate in the camera: remove the lens and look inside the body, there is a black plate with two opposite holes. if they are heavily used this may be the result.

the other possibillity is that you dont push the lever down completely. this would result in the mirror returning but not winding the film completely. if you gently push the cocking lever all the way down this should not happen anymore. hope its the latter one, cause this wont cost you anything.

D.

Thanks David I will check the pin, looks like I have cocked the mirror like you said but not the lens. Something is worn out I believe.

Does that mean a part is needed to be replaced? are Mamiya parts hard to get nowadays?

• 2 months later...

I had a similar problem last week and have not yet had my negs developed. Some rolls go through fine, then every once in a while i get some way into my roll and it will wind on with less resistance than usual, the winder knob on the back rotates as usual, yet the frame indicator will not advance to the next frame and go red indicating that its ready to shoot. At this point the advance leaver is locked and the mirror will fire. Is this the typical user error problem of not pushing the advance leaver forward quite far enough to cock the shutter or is something more serious up? At this point im not sure if i have film with multiple exposures on, or if I have several black frames.

Im using a 120 back and RZ Pro (not pro 2 model) with a 65mm LA lens

Kind regards

Hi Hugo, I had mine fixed by a camera repairer. It was a problem with my winding mechanism in the body (rather than the lens or user error as I originally thought). It is now fixed and I only need to cock the shutter once. It costed me $150AUD (about $120USD)