A New Low for PN

EricM

Now there's jumping boxes dancing in the middle of my PN pages saying "You're

the 99999999999 I've won! Click here to claim"

And the red x to close the advert still forces you to

http://www.consumerresearchbureau.net/?config=1944&src=WC-136811aaa:108660:

Then clicking here to post this, the next one is for "#1 Site for Sexy College

Girls..." with a webcam clip of someone blowing me a kiss.

Sad.

Nah, I will leave it up for a bit. The more that people see that photo.net and it's staff are on top of responding to problems, hopefully the less they will worry.

I understand how annoying it has been in the past to shout and have nobody listen, Philip G. is trying to change that. That is why he has increased the staff and has us all working to increase user-staff and staff-volunteer communication.

For example, now if you send an email through the "contact-us' form, someone will actually answer! To be fair, it will be me answering, and I'm not the most exciting person to talk to. But with any luck, I will be able to solve your problem.

<cite>And the red x to close the advert still forces you to</cite>

<p>There's no such thing as a red x to close an ad. They put it there to try to fool you, but it's just another part of the ad. If it's a pop-up, then the standard user interface stuff, like an X box to close it (at least in Windows), usually applies. But if it's a graphic within a page, the whole thing is a graphic, even if it has a border and an X button. Never click anywhere within an ad that's part of a page.</p>

<p>And if you're not using a browser that has, or can have added, some sort of ad blocker, you should consider switching/upgrading. I don't go hog-wild on blocking all ads, as I realize that they generate revenue for the sites I frequent (and while most ads don't generate revenue unless they're clicked, there are some ads which generate revenue simply by being displayed). But it's my browser and I do reserve the right to kill ads that are really annoying.</p>

It isn't actually a new low. We had ads like these a few months ago and installed a minimum price with Gorilla Nation so that we wouldn't get irrelevant ads anymore. Gorilla has switched out all of their server software and it will probably take a day or two for us to get our minimum constraint in there ago. So, this isn't a new low, but we are back to an old low. I hope that we can fix it, but we don't have a full-time person devoted to getting the right ads for our pages (if we did, we'd probably have more money!).