Border / frame action question

hi,

I'm trying to create an action for adding a border to my images for web. I

record what I usually do manually, such as rezise, duplicate, image>canvass

size to add some white border, bevel/emboss , drop some shadow, add some text.

But when I run the action everything is messed up and out of proportion. The

text is HUGE, borders and shadows are out of place. I'm wondering if this is

normal, meaning it can not be done automatically or Im doing it wrong?

Has anyone created and run the action for this kind of things? Thanks in

advance.

Try stepping through the action one command at a time (just double-click on each one, in sequence). As you go through the dialogs for each command, see if there is something amiss.

Also, watch what you're doing with borders. If you have your rulers set to pixels, for example, and you draw a selection of 800x1000 pixels when you record your action, it will still stay that same size, even if you have a small 150x200 web image. Change your ruler settings to use percentages, and when you record your action, it will remember the percentage, not the specific pixel dimensions.

If that still doesn't help, grab my email from the system and send me your action and a sample image or two, and I'll try to fix it for you.

They're not stored as files unless you tell photoshop to save an action set. Click on the action set you want to save, go into the little flyout menu at the top right corner of the actions palette, and choose "Save Actions", and save it somewhere.

It's a good thing to do if you want to protect your action sets from Photoshop crashes.