Need Pyrocat HELP,,,,,,,,?

I goofed but am not sure where.

Just ran my first run using Pyrocat on Tmax 120 100 asa Shot at asa 64, processed at 70 degrees for 14

minutes. Faint image almost non existent with very heavy magenta stain. Yes I'm sure the exposures

were close.

My stock solutions where cut down to a smaller volume and I'm sure this is where I goofed up.

Here is the Mixture for the stock solutions and I will put what I cut them to to the right of them.

Stock A

Distilled Water 750ml I used 75ml

Sodium Metabisulfite 10 grams " 1 g

Pyrocatechin or Catechol 50 grams " 5 g

I'm told by artcraft Pyrocatechin & Catechol is the same thing ( is this the problem

Phenidone 2 grams ' .2 g

Potassium Bromide 1 gram ' .1 g

Distilled Water to make 1000 ml 100 ml

Stock B

Distilled water 700 ml 70 ml

Potassium Carbonate 750 grams 75 grams

Distilled Water to make 1000 ml 100 ml

I think my mistake is that I only mixed 7.5 grams of PC in Stock B because I didn't have my dam glasses

on and thought it was 7.5 instead of 75.

Would this account for the problem I describe?

Also is the color supposed to be this intense magenta? For some reason I thought is was going to be

yellow brown.

Thanks for any help!

the magenta color of the film is just a dye that is put in the film in manufacturing to help

with reflection in the emulsion. an antireflection coating. This usually comes out in the

fixer and final wash. This magenta color has nothing to do with the choice of developer.

This will be seen on all T-max films.

McCluney Photo

Get rid of the purple stain with a pre-wash -- Either plain, or if you really want to assure it's gone, make it an alkaline pre-wash by putting a teaspoon of washing soda or borax in the drum, add the wash water, agitate for a minute or two, then rinse with fresh water before adding the developer.

Works every time... And makes the scanning easier, since you're eliminating any "CCD pollution."