Question about shooting slide indoors for eventual scanning

I am familiar with the issue of shooting conventional daylight-balanced slides indoors under tungsten

lighting - unless corrective filtration is used a yellow cast will result from the tungsten illumination

reading a lower color temperature than that of the slide's.

If I'm going to be scanning my slides for PP on a computer, would I not be able to color correct effectively

during my workflow?

Or, is it not possible to get pleasing colors from color correcting slides shot indoors under tungsten?

Isn't this essentially what print film processors do with negative film shot indoors under tungsten, since

conventional negative film is also daylight color balanced?

Thanks for whatever insights you may have.

Brooks,

Sorry I can't answer your question. I'm a cave man who still shoots slides and when I shoot indoors, my main concern is usually shutter speed (or the lack thereof). I know you were asking about color but just wanted to be sure you knew that Ilford HP5 can be made into black and white slides and gives excellent results up to 1,000 ISO or slightly faster. Check out "dr5 chrome". If you can live with B&W (and people pics can look great in it), all that extra speed indoors is a godsend. I wouldn't even consider color slide film indoors unless color was truly a necessity.

Just shooting a grey card may not work.

You need to be able to correct for the tungsten color cast without clipping any channels. White balance and exposure are related- expose normally with tungsten and you'll have a noisy underexposed blue channel. Overexpose too much and you'll blow out the reds (I think I got that right). Negative film can handle this a lot better- just overexpose and you'll be fine.

I'd suggest shooting digital, shooting negative, using flash or using tungsten slide.