Where to send 110

I have three roles of film from a friend that I need to get developed. They

are Fuji 200 speed. Its a 110 and the Process it says CN-16 C-41. I am not

sure what this all means. Do I need to find a specialty shop. I know the film

is old. I've only been around long enough for 30 mm. Thanks for the help, i

don't even know what is on these rolls.

Erick

• 2 weeks later...

You need to consider how important the film is to you. 110 film has stood the test of time very poorly. We suspect that it's due to the narrow gauge of the film. Our experience has been that film age fogs from the edge to the center. 110 is narrow and the center is much closer then with other films. Still...it leaves us a bit baffled on how poorly it often does turn out when it is beyond its expiry date. Also suspect is the cassette itself. Film oxidizes over time and if the cassette is poorly sealed then the loosely wrapped film inside of the cassette is more prone to this effect. Perhaps 110 films were not sealed as well as 126 films....we have no real way to test this but 126 films of the same brand and vintage come out far far better then 110. I'd recommend that you try one film at Dwayne's Photo and see if you're happy with the results. Though Dwayne's does nothing to compensate for the age of a given film, my experience has been that their machines are well maintained and well calibrated, and the operators seem to know what they're doing. Something that can not always be said for many local photo finishers. If the results are good then send them the other two. If not you can give us a call and discuss your other, though more pricey, options.

Cheers

Greg Miller

Film Rescue International

• 5 weeks later...