seems to work, though I haven't yet run any film through it. I'm wondering if

this thing takes the widely available pack film used in the 600 series

Polaroids, or do I need something else? Is ther a battery I should know

about? I've looked the camera over and cleaned it up a bit, but I still don't

really know much at all about it. It's a rangefinder (Cool!) and has a

focusing bellows system which seems to be intact. I believe it's the third

model produced, though I can't remember the exact model designation at this

moment. Anyone with experience and advice on the use of this camera, or

helpful links to information, would be appreciated... thanks!

If it is one of the old "roll film" models you are out of luck...the film has not been made since around 1990. If it is a pack-film model, there are several color and black & white films made by Polaroid and Fuji. If you could post the model number I {or someone else) would be glad to tell you what you might need in terms of film and/or batteries. Also, if you have a "mom & pop" camera store near you...not one of the mall shops...show them the camera and the staff should there be able to help you. Also the website "The Land List" can help you identify your camera and film.

There are plenty of fi;ms available...they are sold at most better camera stores. The batteries are a bit harder to find, but you can get them at photobattery.com with free shipping. The battery is needed for the electronic shutter to work properly, without it your images will be blank.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.landlist.org

It's all you'll need. ;)

That said, in summary, your camera will shoot all of the 660 series film (once known as "100" series film, and NOT to be confused with 600 series film).

660 series film includes:

619, 661, 664, 665, 667, 669, 672, 669, 679, 688, 689, 690, 691

Of all those listed above, only 664, 667, 669 and 690 are still available.

664 = Polapan 100 ISO b/w

667 = 3000 ISO b/w

669 = Polacolor 80 or 100 ISO (I forget) color, made for image transfers and emulsion lifting

690 = Polacolor Pro 100 or 125 (I forget) color, way better color than 669

FUJI also make three:

fp-100c (color.... different and some say better, more Fuji-like color than Polaroid 690)

fp-100b (b/w)

fp-3000b (b/w 3000 ISO)

You cannot officially get Fuji in the US. Yes, you'll find it in good camera stores. But since Polaroid doesn't have anybody searching camera stores, people put it on the shelves and sell it nevertheless. Fuji and Polaroid went to court and Fuji lost, but only in the US. However, it appears stores buy it from overseas and sell it.

Oh yeah, and do NOT confuse Fuji Fp-100c with Fp-100c45. Totally different formats. Fp-100c is 100/660 packfilm compatible. It works in all of the Land Cameras... from the 100, 200, 300, 400, manual 180/185/190/195, Reporter/Pro-Pack series cameras and more.

Fp-100c45 is the same emulsion, but in 4x5 packfilm format. It's also like 3.5X more money for the same number of shots.

Yes, 4x5 inch packfilm.... Polaroid used to sell it and to use it you need a Polaroid 550 back or Fuji FP-45 back for your large format camera (Speed Graphic, etc.).

Forgot to mention again... there is also 672 and 679 film which is also considered part of the 660 series film. I think 679 is actually the Polacolor Pro stuff. 690 is color as well, but a different speed or something. 672 is 400 ISO b/w I believe.