New York Institute of Photography

phleys

I am in the Professional course, and also the Short Digital course. If you already know your way around a digital SLR, you really don't need the Short Course. If you want to further your photography, I would take the Professional course, even though some people complain the material is a bit old (because a lot has to do with film), but I think it is really good! Times getting your pictures back from them can be about a month though, so if you need quick feedback, I would just post them on here.

• 1 month later...

Irina, what do you feel is out-of-date on the digital SLR course? It is still being written. I was surprised to listen to the last DVD, and hear them mention Lightroom.

I am on an email group for the school, and have been recommending the DSLR course, especially for people with new cameras, so would like to hear what you found out of date.

for Debbie T.

Maybe I have not correctly written (sorry for my engish).I mean only my country. We have not enough information on a digital photo.It is a lot of books and few teachers.First of all interests to me technical questions.I the architect and I know bases of composition. But technical questions it is a pain for me.Now I study the general course of a photo, but to improve it further i will independently.We have many experts. But they yet do not create group for training. It in the future.