Canon 20D custom camera settings

scott_southard

If you're asking about image parameters, set to RAW and monkey with the parameters later in

DPP 2.2. Once you find what you like, note the settings and adjust in camera the same.

If you're asking about custom functions, you should leave defaults unless you wish to

relocate the AF start to the * button.

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter

<p>However it makes the most sense for you. The reason these things are adjustable is exactly that: what's right for one person is not necessarily right for another, and the same for different shooting situations. I normally have custom functions 1, 2, 8, 13, 15, and 16 set to values other than their defaults, but that doesn't mean they're right for you. Nor do I change any of these based on which one of my lenses I'm using, including the one you mentioned, although I do sometimes change them (particularly 12) if it's right for a given situation.</p>

As has been said, only you can decide that. Example, I have Custom 4 set to allow focus control with the "*" button. I like it. I can't understand why everyone doesn't want it set that way. I think you are an idiot if you don't!

Well ............ maybe that's a little strong. But, you know what I mean? ;>)