? New Old Stock Nikon F2

william_kornrich

They surface occasionally but this really begs the question: buying or selling? I bought a NOS late-run Nikon F3HP a few years back for $200 but it was from the estate of a friend's Dad and the trustee had to have some value to enter. Otherwise, the same camera would have been, well, far more than $200.F2s, especially with the more coveted late-model finders, and particularly in black,are becoming collectible and pricey in mint- or better condition(not eBay "mint" with a little brassing, a few dents, and minor shutter damage).Visit the Nikon Historical Society site.

They are out there and are migrating to collections. I see supposedly NIB F2's for sale on ebay fairly often. It's from some Hollywood outfit that doesn't supply much up front information and charges around $1900 or so. Still, they've been selling these, or trying to, for some time so I suspect they are on the level. I'd expect to pay at least $1500 and up for a truly mint body unless it is from someone who doesn't know what they've got.

Rick H.