You know you're a REAL Leica photogapher when....(another top 10)

You're a REAL "Leica Photographer" when:

You "break in" your new Domke bag with the help of a little sandpaper and multiple passes throught

the washing machine. Then you insert your Leica, which you've encouraged to "brass nicely" by the use

of same sandpaper.

You've seen the flare and you've done something about it.

You've paid twenty five bucks or more for a couple of replacement plastic flash synch cover plugs

barely worth a nickel.

You'd die before being seen in public with a chrome lens on your black body.

You self-righteously profess that the camera is "just a tool," a "means to an end" or "simply a device for

taking pictures", yet your knowledge of Summicrons, Summiluxes and Summitars is encyclopedic

whereas your apapreciation of Brady, Brandt or Brassai is non-existant.

Deep down inside, you're convinced you can take better photos with the black paint camera you want

than with the black chrome camera you own.

You know good bokeh when you see it.

You've attained the Leica Inner Glow, a profound state of conciousness that springs from understanding

that depth of field only serves only to bind us to the material world and that the out-of-focus areas of

your photos are more interesting and important than the in-focus parts.

You cover up the Leica logo on your camera with black tape or magic marker so wannabe Leica

Photographers who notice you when you're earnestly engaged in "Street Photography" have no doubt

they're looking at the Real thing.

You don't care for self-effacing jokes and have ZERO tolerance for "Leica Humor," especially when when

it is perpetrated by other card-carrying "Real Leica Photographers."

funny one Pablito. the truth is that i have only once seen a leica that has been actually

sanded. i posted that here in photonet as the camera belongs to a friend of mine. some

people actually thought that it was made with photoshop instead of sandpaper. i dont't know

how to add a link, but maybe someone can help me. just look for "sandpaper and felt pen" in

the search option from photonet. it's worth a look.....