Corkscrew Swamp/Ding Darling

Marvin

Can anyone provide any information regarding these two places as pertains to

birding this time of year? Some birding sites such as Loxahatchee are

disappointing once you get there. I'd rather not make the long drive required

for me to get there if the birding photography wasn't good.

Marvin<br>

I've visited both of these places couple of years back (2005) in feb and it was awesome. The Ding Darling was almost like a zoo. Tons of birds and they were very friendly. Then I went there last year in summer (Aug) and there was no birds at all. I'm going to Ding darling this weekend. Hopefully I will find the birds again. Corkscrew swamp also was great. I guess this is the best time to visit both places..

<br><br>

Good luck<br>

Jemini<br>

<a href="http://www.wildbirdimages.com/" target="w-3">http://www.wildbirdimages.com/</a>

Marvin, On Sunday I just returned from visiting Ding Darling for the first time. I found it to be outstanding. Long lenses are needed most of the time, but a portion of the four mile drive has a channel on the right that looks to be used during low tide. Speaking of which, photo ops are MUCH better at low tide (if you calculate the tide, add about two hours to the local tides for Ding).

Both places should be great this time of year. I visited both places in early May a couple of years ago and even then there were lots of birds and great photo ops. February and March are much better times to go.

Also, don't pass up the opportunity to see Little Estero Lagoon at Fort Myers beach. For picturesque seetings containing birds, I would rate Corkscrew Swamp #1, Ding Darling a close #2 and Little Estero Lagoon #3. But my best images were from Little Estero. If you want bird pictures that you can look back on and enjoy it is definitely worth visiting.