Fanny Pack?

jason_cook1

I am primarily a sports photographer with a small background in journalism who just started to shoot

weddings (3 so far). I am looking for a way to carry a few lenses with me without having to carry my larger

shoulder bag around. The bulk of a bag slows me down and gets tiring after a whole day of shooting (as

you all probably know already). Even though I used to think they were silly, I am now considering a fanny

pack. Do any of you experienced wedding photographers use one or have any other recommendations?

Thanks.

I wear a fanny pack. I have had other people snicker and tease me, but it works well, and I don't have a self esteam problem... so I don't care! I wear a small one, so I don't carry lenses in it. I do cary my memory cards, business cards, bateries, car keys and a little cash.

I love my Lowepro Orion AW. I usually keep the fanny pack with me and use the back pack section to keep a sweater or some other non-necessary item. I usually just use the fanny pack part and keep the backpack in the car trunk. It accommodates the same amount as my Domke shoulder bag.

I don't think I'd care to shoot without one. I have been using the Sport Shooter from LowePro but am thinking of getting something different as it is a bit smaller than I'd like.

The ability to access a different lens, flash, flash cards, batteries etc on the fly without having to drop a bag off your shoulder, go to a different part of the room is crucial for anyone who shoots in a more photo journalistic style in my opinion.

Not to mention like stated earlier it's also a great conversation starter as everyone likes to pick on the guy who still owns a fanny pack ;)