first album design, what do you think?

shaun_carter

Delanza -

I like your design sensibilities! It's got a nice look, and I'm sure your clients are going to be thrilled.

Where/how/who do you print through?

There were four photos - the groomsmen, the bridesmaids, the church (w/ oval pics) and the party in the pews that all have their horizontal tilted off-axis - each could benefit from some 'squaring.' Not a big change, but I found it distracting - particularly in pictures where there are flat/straight lines in the stonework or pews that such that you can perceive the tilt much, much easier.

Check it out; see if you see it for yourself.

Be well,

Mike

it's amazing what a fresh set of eyes can notice. i looked at them who knows how many times and didn't catch that they weren't straight. thanks. and mike, i use image pros of wisconsin for prints. they do a fabulous job and have an awesome staff to work with. however, i have the option to send a cd or prints in to renaissance for the flush mount album and will likely send in a cd and let then do the printing. that is because it's cheaper to send a CD versus 20 8x10 prints, plus if a picture gets damaged during the process it's on them and not me and doesn't slow up the process.

What a fun album!

Nice rich color and the journey through the day was easy on the eyes.

One feedback: I think it was page nine, with bride and groom leaving the alter and the shot from the back shows a videographer or a photographer standing on the alter aiming at the couple as they come up the aisle. That person, with the camera/video can be easily removed from the image and I strongly suggest it unless you've sent it for printing.

Nice job Delanza!

Looks pretty good for your first time!

The only thing that bothered me is on Photo 10, the family photos on the bottom. If possible, you could add a black line to separate the 4 photos. With everyone wearing B&W, it kind of runs together!

Although it is a flush mount, isn't there still a small seam? It may run through mothers/brides head!

appreciate the feedback once again...thanks! this wedding was a lot of fun. they had an awesome dj crew for the reception. i used the vertical guides in photoshop to be sure none of the seams fell on a face. and i agree melissa, the photos on the bottom of photo 10 needs some separation. that guy in the background of photo 9 is the videographer...

Just my 2 cents... I think the photo on the title page looks a bit harsh due to the high contrast b&w and the red. I think i would take the contrast down a level, and maybe reconsider going all b&w.

The other thing was on page 2 and 3 i didn't really like the brown background, especially since the rest of the book uses black background (or background pictures). Black makes your pictures stand out much better, i think.

Well done otherwise!

Sarah