Difference between Fuji mk11 and mk111

david_chilvers

II uses more metal, III more polycarbonate. Some feel this makes the III less durable, others say polycarbonate is actually stronger and more forgiving to bangs and bumps. The III is certainly lighter. 500 on the counter I believe is where Fuji recommends a CLA----counter moves once every 10 shots.

I have the III and love it, so much so I started the Fuji Rangefinder Pages years ago just to post and share my photos (www.fujirangefinder.com). I've held the II and am very happy I have the III.

The two cameras are quite similar.

The mark III has a different release system to remove the spools. The RF apparatus appears to be a bit different. That perceived difference in the RF is between my GW670 and a friend's GSW690.

With regards to the mark II having more metal, maybe so - but I believe the main difference in the exterior of the two is in the design of the plastic cladding. The cladding of the III covers more of the metal body and is more ergonomic.

Best Regards - Andrew in Austin, TX

Yes, Andrew pointed out a difference I forgot in terms of the film removal. A good improvement. Also the bubble level, which I also like.

And Dan does point out something important. If you can find a II in good condition it will likely be a better deal, especially at some of the prices I've seen the III's go for recently. The III's are getting over $1000 for good ones, the II's for $700-800, but they are older.