CameraAddict.com - ? Feedback

The D40 is 50 dollars less than B&H. But it's a grey market. One sign to look for when looking at websites, is to see how much they sell accessories. They are selling off brand 64mb sd cards for $99.99. Considering that 64mb cards have been obsolete for the past few years gives a clue to how they might handle business.

Also when you click on some cameras, it tells you that the camera has been discontinued and leads you to a camera that looks similar to the discontinued camera but is refurbished.

Another clue is when the extended warranty costs more than the camera itself.

I would stay away from this.

• 4 months later...

Don't go near them, forget about buying anything with them.

Once you place your order, you will be sent an email to confirm your order. Some rep will attend your call and force you to buy some cheap item for more price. If you refuse, they will indirectly force you to cancel the order. For me the rep told that the lens is grey market and has japanese letters engraved on lens (can't believe). Moreover he was so rude and unprofessional.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Avoid cameraaddict.com. First they bait you in with lower product prices. Then once they have you're order and cc info, you're asked to call them to confirm. At that time, they pump you to buy more products. Once you tell them you don't need their 'extras', they contrive a reason, eg this model is the foreign version, to get you to cancel. To sell the american version the price is not surprisingly higher. Also, they don't reveal their agents name when asked. I'll pay extra for the piece of mind someplace else.

My next stop is www.ftc.gov to file a complaint.

• 4 weeks later...

LIARS .... BAIT and SWITCH .... CROOKS

I bet anything that the good reviews on other sites are from company guys.

Its the usual experience for everyone...order and get a mail to call...then the sales rep who is not only rude (understatement) but also one who threatens.

After i asked them to cancel the order because he lied to me that cacorder doesnt come with a battery (imagine that...do they think ppl r idiots? and buy stuff w/o knowing?) he asked me to apologize (when he was the one who was rude) or he'll keep the phone down and charge 180$ (for nothing)

i suspect they are just there to harass people...a set of SAIDSTS or worse IDENTITY THIEVES bcause if its just money they want to cheat on they could have let the order thro' and overcharged.....but they make u call and talk utter rubbish on the other end w/o respect for age or gender.

Its HORRID.

Lesson: THERE IS NO FREE LUNCH...

dont even dream of getting something for less than 70% its value.

ONLY BUY FROM REPUTED sources.

They have been reported to BBB for fraud.

check out http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/cameraaddictcom-c8671.html