Camera in Alfie 1966 movie

I was watching the movie Alfie (1966) today--the first version that featured

Michael Caine. In one scene he was a photog soliciting shots along the Thames

River in London--this is how he met the Shelley Winter's character in the

flick. What kind of camera was he using? It looked like a SLR Exakta model.

Anybody know for sure?

Thanks

If you go to IMDB (Internet Movie DataBase) and look up Alfie, you can view the trailer for the movie. You get a glimpse of the camera. I think it might be an Exakta, but I am not super familiar with those cameras.

The good news is it's an entertaining trailer.

It looks more like a Praktica model with the waist-level finder folded up. It's certainly not an Exakta at any rate. However, my guess is that it is NOT a SLR at all. Alfie (Michael Caine) uses the camera by raising it to his eye (as the picture shows him starting to do). The index finger is getting ready to fire the shutter with a camera-top button (not on a Praktica or Exakta). The pixelated picture shows what could be a reflexion off the rangefinder window just above his right fingers. The 'box' that looks like a folded up waist finder is probably the light meter on what I think is likely a Contax III.<div>00JibA-34672484.jpg.aba1803f2b0b67438c50f5525f6f8b83.jpg</div>

• 3 weeks later...
I think the camera is in a half-case and is possibly the Asahiflex 1 or 1a fitted with an f2 58mm Takumar. Eye-level viwfinde at far left of top-plate, small rewind knob, waist level finder in closed position, lens fitted to mirror box with stepped appearance, shutter release on top right of top-plate. The half case would cover up the flanges on the mirror box and I think I can also detect what appears to be the leather frame surrounding the logo on the waist level finder cover. It would also match up with the very brief glimse of the rear view shown in the trailer.