New site design (in progress...?)

lutz

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One of the things I always liked about this forum was the layout - well proportioned with room for the eye to move around comfortably.

I was educated in traditional page layout and the very good reasons for the size of margins and placing of text on a page - the spacing of Roman lettering. All these have been lost in the general clamour for our attention and the packing of as much material into a space as possible. This is also somewhat understandable for the saving of paper and so weight in transportation.

But here, where such constraints are not necessary, could we not have a little generosity of space and a consideration of the proportion so loved by the Greeks from whom we take the very word and concept of the 'forum'.

Adrian.

Whoever designed this mess should be taken out and shot.

Previously, I could easily tell which messages I had already read because they changed colour. Now they all look the same whether they are read or unread.

To whoever did this, you have completely ruined my enjoyment of this formerly very useful and interesting forum.

In Safari on the Mac, it becomes readable only when you press Command-+ to incerase

the font size. However, the spacing is absurd. Life is too short to read websites with such

bad design that are difficult to read.

It's not that site is so good that one cannot tear oneself away. I find that the discussion on

the Leica (Company) Forum, particularly the digital section, are much more informative

and collegial. I doubt that I'll be coming back here often.

--MItch/Bangkok

Good work Mr. Net Nerd.

It's great in both IE and Firefox.

Simply select 125% (using "Page > Zoom") as one's default type size if you have a bad monitor or vision problems.

I especially like the spaces between lines, which enhance readability further.

John / Albuquerque

Agree with Ed R.

The loose leading makes it much more difficult to read. And bolding the date/time also

makes for a more difficult read - it draws your eyes away from the body text, which to me is

much more important.

Overall, a step backwards in readability...

www.citysnaps.net