Askania Rangefinder

I bought a Perkeo some time ago and it came with this rangefinder. Pretty soon

I learned that it was not accurate especially close in. It showed 7 feet for a

measured 9 feet for example. I have figured out how to adjust the vertical

alignment (its the two black dots above and below the iris) but can't figure out

how to adjust the horizontial. Anybody familiar with this little beauty?<div>00JbtP-34534384.jpg.2bb5501fb728fcdad7700eba5a75cfa2.jpg</div>

If the images align at infinity, there may not be any easy adjustment. The "rate" depends on the length of the lever arm inside, and the pitch of the screw under the knob. Sometimes things just aren't made well...

That cap in the middle of the knob is probably a blind screw that covers the actual infinity adjustment.

• 3 months later...
I have an Askania 33 rangefinder like this one in the box. I was able to adjust the vertical and horizontal positions using the two holes to the left of the viewfinder. I think the upper one is the vertical adjustment and the bottom one is the horizontal adjustment. This one is going on ebay this week. Hope it is worth something. MR

• 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I also obtained an Askania 33 rangefinder. The read distance and the vertical positioning of "ghost"-image where way of.

Just was curious and opened the rangefinder. I made a photo-set with comments about this action. You can find ith here :

Askania 33 Rangefinder InsideOut

In short, the Askania 33 is a low-tech rangefinder but still you can sort of calibrate it. I calibrated mine on a target-distance of 1 meter and after that the infinity seemed also to be alright.