Do not place any orders with the Camera Hunter. My experience with him has

been extremely negative. I placed at order with him two weeks ago. On the day

that the order was placed he billed my credit card and sent an email to me

stating the the items were mailed. Since then I have not received them and he

does not answer my emails or phone calls. There are complaints about him all

over the internet. He sells inexpensive items, under $100, so it is easy to

forget or not take action. The best policy for everyone is to spread the word

and ignore him.

The problem as I stated was that on the day that I ordered the items I received two emails. The first stated that he received the order and the second that it was shipped that day via USPS. I have not received the items and have been unable to contact him in approximately two weeks. He has not responded to emails or a telephone call. However, he did apply a charge to my charge card on the day of the order. He has a rather poor reputation on ebay. I've been informed that there are over 100 negative reviews on him at that site. If you were lucky you were lucky. If what people are saying is that he takes orders and then searches for the items that is not what he states on his site. He catagoricaly states that the items offered for sale are in stock and ready for shipment. If you order from him you certainly are taking a risk.

Ordered two filters last month. I've sended 6 emails, and not a single reply... Never received

anything. So this situation was really getting on my nerves : so i've search the web and find

lots and lots of very negative feedbacks about this store and Mr. Wombacher.

Then i've launched a dispute procedure with the support of my bank, and Mr Wombacher

offers me, the same day (6 weeks without any news !) to cancel my order and give me a

refund. Now, i'm waiting to see the color of the money : i'll maybe interrupt the procedure if

there is a real refund on my account, but certainly not before. Anyways, i'll never buy

anything from this "ghost" store !

Very Very bad and disappointing experience. Be careful !

I have purchased items from David on three occasions via EBay, two items were original, old lens cap and lens case and one was a lens hood. All arrived quickly and were as described.

Although my purchases were at least a year ago I don't think I would hesitate to buy again now.

I would recommend an E mail to any seller you buy from...just to confirm some detail of the transaction so the lines of communication are open from the very start. On some expensive lens purchases I always ask a question before the bid to get a feel for the seller's response.

It is said "He has a rather poor reputation on ebay. I've been informed that there are over 100 negative reviews on him at that site."

I have no interest in this except that if people are going to accuse anyone they need to get the facts right. I went to eBay to see for myself and...

As of yesterday, camerahunter on eBay had

Feedback score: 23147|Positive feedback: 99.2%

"Over a 100 negative" may be or may not be literally true, but it is out of over 23,000 ratings, after all. I am fully aware that the feedback system on eBay is not a very good system, since to give negative feedback means to get negative feedback.

All the same, the case here would be more compelling without the distortion. I repeat, I have never done business with Mr. Wombacher, nor do I know him or anything about him except what is presented here and on eBay. I appreciate the need to publicize bad actors, but let's be careful to be objective and accurate in doing so.

Yes but in the last year he has had 125 negatives, 56 neutrals, and 94 mutually withdrawns. Plus when you read some of the positives they complain about slow shipping, difficulties with emails and the like. Over 275 complaints in a year comes out to more than 5 a week. Ripping off 5 people a week could make a nice profit, You just hope you are not one of the unlucky ones

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Oh no I wish I've found this thread before ordering.

I placed an order for a Rollei 35 lens cap on Apr 4th, 2007.

As of today I still have not received the item.

My credit card was charge on the day that I ordered.

He did not reply to my email nor pick up the phone.

I think he's a real scammer!!!

I would have to file a report now.

• 1 month later...
I ordered a lens coupling ring on the 5/5 and still waiting, I have been charged for it and the original email he sent seemed like he was on the ball, but since then nothing, I have even sent him mail via his Ebay site but nothing.I have now reported the matter to the office of the attorney general, hope this bucks him up a bit.

• 4 weeks later...
I think he sells alot of things he does not have in stock. Watching his ebay feedback you can see that many of the negs will all have the same item. Lately he appears to have been out of rainsleeves. But he still sells them.