What's the generally recommended focus screen for an F3?

wildwoodgallery

I have been using a B screen for all lenses until my eyesight start to get worse. Then I installed the K screen again to use the split image, easier to focus.

I really prefer the B one, because I like the screen as clean as possible, but for the time being I need a focus aid like a RF patch or the "K" split image. That is more obvious with short lenses because the deeper DOF. If you want the sharpest images, with wide lenses, I will use the K.

Back when I was younger, I like the plain matte (D, I think) screen in my F. No lines, circles, microprisms, or RF dot. It gave a very 2D look and forced me to examine my composition. Nikon recommended it mostly for longer lenses, but I used it for everything. These days my eyes aren't as good, and I need the additional focusing features, plus a brighter screen. If you shoot anything with horizons or buildings, a grid is very handy. I like having an RF spot, but have never liked microprism focusing rings at all. Nikon used to have a chart listing all the focusing screens and all the lenses, as screens were recommended for certain lenses according to speed and focal length. Don't know if that chart is still available or not.