percentage basis, substantially more than my FM. But with the rubbery hand

grip, when I hold it, it doesn't seem much heavier than the FM. The size is

perfect. And the ergonomics is fantastic. All the controls seem to be in the

right places for my fingers. With the large instruction manual, it will take

some time to fully learn and understand all the features. But that kind of

learning curve can be fun!

So, for those film lovers out there, feel confident that the ergonomics is

great. I say that because for many of us that don't live near a major city, it

can be difficult to find a store that carries such a high-end film camera.

That's the price we film users pay for being a niche market.

Congratulations. It looks like the last of the best. I would love to buy one. Did you get the MB 40 so you can burn a roll of film in 4 seconds?<g> I was looking at them through BH Photo the other day and surprised to see the Top Seller bug at the top of the F6 listing.

Awwww.......I envy you. I was going to do some saving for one F6, turn out there are lot of

place or time of life that yo can't save that much.

I wasn't interested in F6 at all since F5 has be proven the top. Then I was interested in

45mm P lens, so I go BH. He brought the lens with a camera. I did not look carefully what

camera is it. I thought is some low end model....which ususally it is. But the camera was

surprisingly comfort to hold, right to use, so then I take closer look into the camera. I

realized I was using a demo F6.

Yes, I did bought the lens. But I wasn't leaving the store happy, because I don't have the

money to bring F6 home, and it is been in my mind ever since.

I agree. The camera feels very light, it surprised me. You have got a great outfit! I`m very curious about the 24-85 AFS performance; I`m thinking of buying it to replace my 28-105 AFD (I`m tempted about more speed and the A/M focus ability), your opinion about this lens will be very interesting.<div>00JTPL-34379784.jpg.d531ead0fb9f454ee4f61a33891e1bac.jpg</div>

Thanks for the nice comments. I haven't yet taken any pictures! Last night, I was reading the manual late at night. With all the stuff I have to do, it will take a few days before I starting taking pictures. I'm also in the process of building up a digital darkroom setup (I need a monitor that can be profiled, and a decent computer. Plus, I ordered a film scanner.) So, it will be awhile before I can post any pictures. Another thing that amazes me about this camera is that I don't perceive any camera shake when the mirror flips up and the shutter fires! Almost feels like a rangefinder camera. The mirror slap on my old FM was pretty bad, and I sometimes felt it blurred some of my pictures.

As my 9 year old nephew would say...this camera rocks!

The 24-85 lens looks very good. It focuses very quick, and silently. But it does something a little funny. I noticed when I manual focus, when I turn the ring in one direction at around 15ft., there is a very slight lateral movement of the image. When I focus from infinity through the 15ft postion, there is no lateral movement. I had trouble noticing this issue when I used it in autofocus. I probably shouldn't worry about it.

I must admit, though, that the "feel" of the lens is basically what is expected with a mass-produced, affordable lens. I have the old Nikor 50mm f1.2, and it feels much better. Also, the mechancial feel doesn't come even close to the Zeiss lenses for the Hassy, of which I have two. But, considering it is 1/3 to 1/4 the price, and with added features such as autofocus, what can one expect? In some ways, because it is "only" around $350 and not $1000 or more, I feel liberated to use it for travel, kid shooting, Disneyland type of adventures, etc. But the camera feels real solid!

Luis,

<P> The F6 is the quietest Nikon SLR I have used. (The Canon Elan, and Eos 5 had a silent mode, that was nothing short of amazing)

<P>The F6 has a solid sound to it, not tinny, and not loud. Just a quiet, firm sound. The film transport and mirror sound are difficult to parse out. It has been in my experience, a very unobtrusive SLR from the noise aspect.