HCB taking pictures with his eyes closed, left eye, right eye, etc.

g-man1

<p>This is a truly awful website. If you can get past the terrible design, there's not much

there except cliche and kitsch. It's certainly nothing like HCB's decisive moment, stylistically

or technically - and the photographer should be embarassed for claiming the comparison.

IMHO the style of his photography is more reminiscent of a 1970's edition

of Woman's Weekly. Others will make up their own minds, but to me this site is vain, vulgar

and insubstantial.</p>

Ok, Neil and Adrian,

this site (in my browser) gives nothing but a page of introduction and over a hundred pics of HCB' Decicive Moment book from the 19?s. What is wrong with it. The pics are as in the origional book, same order, size, ... .

This is just a reproduction. please walk to your library and have a look at the original. Which by the way is not all that great with detail, focus, ... In today's phnet world, he would rarely make POW at all I am afraid.

And why do you blast the e-book? For heaven's sake this is historical material, reasonably presented ... Very instructive to all of us, if we were to stay sensitive and sensible, that is, Neil and Adrain ...

<p>Sorry, Frank - but I think we're talking about different things.</p>

<p>There are two links from the page referenced above. One of them points to the

photobook of HCB's work, which is an exact reproduction of the original text. It's a great

link, and it's obvious why its interesting to all of us. For which reason Gary posted it. But

that's not the one we're talking about in the above comments.</p>

<p>The other link points to a site called 'Moments in time', which is a website set up in

'honour' of HCB, where the photographer draws some strong comparison between his own

work and that showcased in the photobook. Explore that site if you wish and you may

realise why Adrian and I independently each disliked it. Make sure you experience it to the

full ... </p>

All right, N and A. I obviously clicked on the right link then.

The photog's site (the other possible click from that link) loads very slowly and the portraits are all in landscape mode. How odd.

They are not THAT bad, but bad enough. Note that everyome, well 90 % of the portrayed, have their mouths wide open. How odd again.

Of course one good photographer like HCB can be the inspiration to many mediocre or bad ones, as well as to some good ones. So we can hope!

Well I enjoyed the HCB photos, but the presentation quality of those would not please HCB I'm sure, all very contrasting and grainy, very poor scans.

As for Simón, there are some good shots in there. He should clear out the crap and have a nice portfolio of about 5 to 10 images. As it is, it's a huge amount of mediocre images overwhelming some nice ones. But, they all need some color correction. Some remind me of the hideous postcards I would see as a kid with rediculous saturation of color.