Photoshop to Epson Driver Magenta Color shift

Hello-

I am having colorspace issues that I cannot explain. When I attempt to print out of Photoshop to an Epson

driver, I end up getting washed out, very magenta images.

I have worked on the issue for hours and cannot get it straight. I am NOT double profiling, nor am i using

incompatible workspaces (ie SRGB to Adobe RGB). I have re-installed the drivers and reinstalled the paper

profiles and NO LUCK!

Has anyone ever had this confounding dilemma? Could it be that Photoshop CS2 preferences are

corrupted?

Thanks,

David Newsom<div>00JNIX-34256584.jpg.1c44fe6c0401b6b1ad672a0414d03064.jpg</div>

Yes I had this problem. I follow this procedure. 1. File --Click "page setup. 2. File-- Click

"Print with preview" then choose "Let printer manage color" 3. Click "Print" 4. Choose the

profile for the paper you are using and print. I have had difficulty with getting good color in

prints when I choose "Let photoshop manage color" although that is very often

recommended. It seems that Even when you turn off color management in Epson printer, it

does not stay turned off all the time unless you follow exact sequence of all settings. For me

"Let Printer Manage Color" works fine. Good luck. Sandy

You can set up the default printer settings in the "Printers and Fax3es" applet in "Control Panel". Right-click on the printer and select "Printing preferences". These preferences will appear the first time you open the print driver in Photoshop. Right now, you have the wrong preferences.

I have experienced this same problem. I have calibrated my monitor with Monaco Optix XR, I am using CS2 and printing on a Epson R1800. For images, such as sunsets, when I let PS manage the color, ensure I choose the correct paper ICC, choose no ICC in the print driver, my image is darker (~20%), shifted RED and not as sharp. If I let the printer determine color the image is sharper and a very close match to my image using PS soft proof. The color shift is not an issue for prints that do not have a high gradients of orange or brown. I wonder if this is a PS issue? I have also noticed a smudging effect for greens.

I found this article helpful by John Paul Caponigro, I always thought it was best to leave it PS

but he states that each route works well. What I don't understand is that I let PS determine

colors for years and all was well until recently. Now the only way I can get a good print is to

let the printer do it.

http://www.johnpaulcaponigro.com/lib/downloads/technique/documents/

tip_navigating_epson_driver_mac.pdf