Konica Hexanon 21mm-35mm DUAL

kbg32

I have the lens. It is very well made and comes with its own special finder with frames for both focal lengths. I love the lens. I also have the 28-35-50 Tri-Elmar and use the Konica Dual about 10x more often. Image performance is close to the TE but not quite the same but it is very difficult to tell under normal shooting circumstances. I have only been able to see slight differences at the edge of the field when I was trying to make an enlargement from a small section. This is one lens I would never sell. Buy one if you ever find it. I paid about $1100 for mine.

Plus:

Excellent FL with 21/35. More useful than tri-elmar for film or/and digital. Like all hexanons, it is built as well as modern leicas if not better but not as well made as vintage leica. Excellent day light lens and nothing else like it on a rf.

Minus:

Slow for RF lens though 3.5 at 21mm. The lens isn't actually too big but filter size (62) and hood is bulky and arkward on a RF imho.

I have one and it will probably be for sale along with 90% of my leicas in a few weeks here or on the bay. Contact me in a few weeks if you like.

I have no experience with this specific Konica, but keep in mind that when using the M8 the missing coding can become a problem.

A little bit off-topic, but nevertheless important:

"built as well as modern leicas if not better but not as well made as vintage leica"

And a myth is created and the next guy planing to buy a new lens asks for build quality...

They've changed nothing in materials or construction! Visit Solms and watch these guys building these lenses. When you get a different feeling, it's because of the amount of moving elements (like 1,4/50 vs. 1,4/50Asph) - not because of the tolerances, the materials used (in fact, the mechanical quality necessary for lenses like the 28-90 or 50Asph wasn't available 30 years ago - but problems with focus show that even today these tolerances are hard the handle). New lenses that have a similar amount of moving elements and size make that clear - try out a new R90AA and compare it with any 90 of the last 70 years - you won't find a higher quality!