showing proofs through projection

alain_martinez

Hello,

I've heard quite a few photographers that are showing their proofs through

projection, and I have a few questions abou that. Is there something out there

that can project images in true size (16x20, 20x24)? This of course would have

to depend on the distance between the screen and projector. If you know of

something that can accomplish this, please share it on this forum.

Thank you in advance,

alain - there is no such thing as true size in images. they can be very small or very large.

do you mean the same size as you can print? yes, any LCD projector shoudl be able to do that. just measure the size of the screen (maybe I misunderstood your question because the answer seems a bit obvious to me).

I don't have an answer, but I believe Alain is wondering about projecting so that she can

display according to different print sizes. For instance, to upsell, show how small imageX

looks at 16x20 compared to 30x40.

I've wondered the same thing. At my last studio we projected, but didn't size, instead we had

displays around that we could show for examples. In my new studio we will soon be

projecting, and I would love to size the images this way, but don't know a simple solution.

Tim

Sorry I wasn't clear with my question. What I meant is can something be projected so that the client can a have an exact idea of what a 16x20 would look like vs a 20x24 or 30x40. True size, meaning if I go up to the screen where the picture is projected and measure the sides, they'll be 16 in x 20 in if that is what I projected.

Thanks for your responses.