Quantum QNexus or Metz/Quantum TTL modules w/ Lumedyne?

mikeseb

Anyone here used the relatively new Quantum QNexus device? (It attaches to a Quantum flash unit to

permit the unit to be controlled wirelessly by Canon/Nikon cameras as if it were an SB800 or the Canon

equivalent, supposedly.) Sounds pretty slick if it works as advertised.

Also, any experience using the Lumedyne Signature series with Quantum or Metz TTL modules?

Still mulling flash options. I mostly shoot manual flash, but have encountered situations where the

equivalent of Nikon CLS off-camera flash control would come in handy, and would like to replicate this

capability with a more powerful flash system that is not tied to only one particular camera brand.

Thanks again all.

Me again. What is it about Nikon CLS that you like so much when it's off camera? I guess that it's TTL. <p>I have noticed that in manual the CLS works great, but TTL is inconsistent. I think all TTL is inconsistent by nature, but is made more so by the pre-flash data transfer's efficiency. There's room for error in line of sight issues, ambient light interference and maybe other unknow influences.<p> Once the camera and flash are seperated, especially under uncontrollable circumstances and influences, I have found a good radio slave on a manually set strobe is the only way to be sure that what you get is what you asked for... auto thyristor control is a distant second and any kind of optical slave is a far away third, and that's really what the CLS is, a sophisticated optical slave... t