QSS-2511 :shifty:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320061169598&ru

I want to buy this but I have some questions. What does "LORR" mean?

I assume I would be able to purchase the chemicals from this website

http://www.southpointphoto.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?

idcategory=47&idproduct=458

but just like at CVS I wouldn't have any information as to how to mix them,

what ratios, etc.

speaking of, i'm not at CVS anymore... nowhere near a lab as a matter of fact :

(

and i take it i'd need a densitometer, too

Another thing. When you use SM chemicals, the machine itself mixes from the box what it needs to replenish the tanks. All you do is add water to the water tank. There are two boxes with paper SM chemicals. There's a P1 box and a P2 box. You usually go through way more P2 boxes then P1.

Also that machine you linked to- Im unsure it will do any other format other then 35mm.

Lastly,

Before running the machine- you'll need to order some starter chemicals to fill the tanks up before use. You'll need to know the machines tank capacity and order accordingly. These chemicals can be ordered from Kodak the same as the P1/ P2 boxes. The mix your own stater chemicals are usually listed RA-2 for SM machines.

I'll chime on here. How do you plan to develop your films? Are you getting a C41 processor as well?

As for the printer machine, you'll need manuals, paper magazines, a waste management system for silver (silver recovery unit), a large dark bag, control stips if you want to test the chemicals before use (which also means you'll need a densitometer and the sheets to mark the results on), a calibration neg, and so on. You can find some of this stuff from Ebay, but in some cases you'll need to get them from Noritsu. Which also means you'll need an account for Noritsu, plus an account for troubleshooting problems for tech support.

AFAIK the 2511 is a film processor and printer in one. The thing you need to keep in mind is the cost of parts / service should somthing major go wrong with it. Here in Australia I have seen a few 2511 being sold for AU $50.00 or actually given away for free.

No need for a densitometer, unless you are going to bother with chem control strips. Just use the built in denistometer for setup etc.

No, what I meant was ME, doing the :shifty: emoticon

and yes scott... having ran a lab for 2 years I know that I'm going to need the densitometer, magazine, strips, and all the other assorted goodies, and the starter chems, etc.

and yes the 2511 processes film and paper. Have you guys already forgoten I ran a 2511 for about 5 minutes at CVS? The one I practicaly gutted, cleaned, and put back together? :(

we had a 2511. Which got replaced with a filth encrusted QSF-V50, after which we'd scan to kodak CD and then print on teh KPM. Luckily I only did one roll like that. The V50 had horrible problems... after 4-5 hours it would complain that the STB3 and CD were too low. Dunno what it was doing with all that solution.

Anyway, no, I didn't get it. Like i said in another thread I don't want anything to do with kodak besides kodachrome, Tmax, and portra.

I know the 2511 decently well, well enough probably to set one up. I practically did when I got to CVS, resurrecting the poor thing.

It's the Frontier 340 that I know like the back of my hand... well, used to; time blurs the memories. I saw one one ePrey for $38k... $800 a month..... half of what I make a month now. But I'd need to get an outlet installed.

You guys have no idea how badly I -miss- being in a busy 1-hr lab. I truly, dearly miss it. I told one of my old Walshits, er, Walgreens coworkers to tell the manager that if he couldn't get anyone to go in on Christmas day that I'd go in and work a 12hr shift for free, as long as I was in photo... :(

Yes. And I KNOW they won't hire me back, which is why I poke fun every chance I get; calling in and asking if I was on the schedule is kinda like that boy who got hauled into court because he meowed at his neighbor who got his cat taken away... just a small nuisance to let them know I'm still around and didn't fade quietly into the night, and to show how much I miss it...