Flash Unit for a manual Minolta camera

User_2019667

If you're looking at used flashes and run across a deal on a dedicated flash that has the range you want, it will work too if it has automatic modes as well (which they usually do). I use an old Canon dedicated flash on my Nikon F, simply ignoring the TTL setting. Although the X370 cannot use through-lens dedicated flash settings, a Minolta X series dedicated flash will set the shutter speed automatically.

If you are interested in used equipment, the Minolta flashes were very well made, and are quite inexpensive on the used market. I have a Minolta Auto 128 which is a nice basic automatic/manual flash with tilt, but not swivel. I also have the Minolta 320X, which has every bell and whistle available.

The Minolta flash models that end in "PX" support TTL metering features only available on the X-700 and X-570, so you probably don't want to get one of those, although they could still be used in automatic or manual mode. Likewise, you'll want to avoid the flashes that are designed for the Auto-focus cameras. But any other model of Minolta flash would be suitable for both of your cameras. More generally, any non-dedicated flash with automatic and/or manual modes could be used with both of your cameras.

Good luck!

Another Minolta flash nicely matched to the X370, if you need neither tilt nor swivel, is the 200X. It has two auto ranges, manual, and a manual "winder sync" setting for low power fast cycling, which also can be useful for low power fill. It has a single extra dedicated pin for setting the X-series shutter speed, but no TTL functions. In auto mode it will get out a little over 20 feet. In manual with faster film, about 50.