2 GB SanDisk SD Card Naming Error

robert meier

On the one occurence that I had a similar problem I used Lexar ImageRescue and it recovered

every image. It is said to be as effective with cards from other brand so you may want to give

it a try.

Most important : stop using the card until you have recovered your photos (assuming you

still trust it). Don't reformat and, most importantly, do not shoot again! to maximize your

chances of a save recovery.

--ben

• 2 months later...

My D50 told me that my 2G san disk SD card was not formatted after shooting approx 100 pictures. It happened right as the battery was running low. Nikon's tech support advised me to not use the 2G with the D50. So now I'm trying to wear down the battery with a 512M card to see if I can replicate the failure with a different, "certified" card.

I'm trying mjm free photo recover to recover my pictures, it can be downloaded at www.snapfiles.com

There are a ton of file recover programs out there, most allow you to scan the card to see if the images are recoverable, but to save them it will cost ~$30-40.

This mjm tool is free (so far)

• 1 year later...

Oh my gosh, this happened to me (shooting a Canon 5D) and my 2 GB Sandisk SD card has 500+ wedding images on it that are now apparently inaccessible. Just wondering first, how does Lexar Image Rescue work - can I use my same card reader? And, for the person who got it replaced by Sandisk, how did you do that?!

--carla dyment