thing I haven't seen yet is any images using any external flashes or strobes. I

realize the camera has just recently been released but would like to hear about

any experiences using external flashes / strobes especially the Pentax AF400T

strobe kit, as I have one of these I use with my film gear and would like to

employ it with the K10D if possible.

Thanks

Gene

Ridgecrest, CA

I have no K10D yet, but older DSLRs. The AF400T can be used in auto or manual mode. Maybe (I really doubt it, but am too lazy to download the manual...) Pentax claim the K10D might work with TTL, as they did with the *istD. If they do, ignore it. According to Pentax TTL worked at lowest ISO only and might still give a little bit wrong exposure (to be corrected during RAW processing). My AF280T died a bit too soon, but SCA TTL flashes didn't work. - The new AF 360FGZ and *** flashes are really great and nice to have. At the moment there's a rebate / payback offer in the US. Get one if you're going to flash a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

To answer my own question, I finally got my K10D and did some experimenting with my AF400T strobe. It appears the TTL mode with the AF400T doesn't work correctly with the K10D as it wants to always overexpose on every shot. I tried it in Green Mode and P mode. I could get it to work in Manual mode (on the K10D) and by adjusting the settings on the flash head for the proper level for just that particular shot, which is a non-starter for any useful work when moving around and shooting in a flash range of a few feet out to several feet. So looks like I'll be looking into a dedicated AF flash for the K10D. I'll keep the AF400T for my Pentax film gear where it works excellent.

Thought others may be interested in this information.

• 4 weeks later...