Film scanner availability - Kuala Lumpur

I live in Singapore and the 135mm format Nikon scanners arent available anywhere here that Ive seen, and are more or less non available globally - check the recent archives on the topic! Im currently in the market for the Coolscan 9000 and even that looks like my only option is ordering from somewhere like B&H in New York. You might be lucky but I certainly wouldnt hold my breath for finding one... By the way, within the region the best deals on this sort of equipment are usually found in Hong Kong.

Thanks Craig, that at least makes me less likely to visit Singapore! I'm in Bangkok and have seen the scanners here but at a premium over the B&H price. Hong Kong may well be the answer.

But still hoping that someone from KL could reply.

Hi Craig, as I've the same workflow _only BW film_scan_PS7_, just to ask you why do you consider the Nikon 5000/9000 series? How do their led lights fit with trad. BW films? I'll also change my DSE5400, and as veuscan supports the 9000, and as it'd be an "upgrade" for me in term of film flatness, if there'd be in real world no tech. reasons vs Led light, that'd be fine.

Your photography is always a plunge for me.

Regards and thanks.

al

• 2 months later...