Paper grades/weight

unohuu

I recently completed my first senior portrait. Parents are pleased and want to

order 75-80 wallet sized as part of the package. Here is the glitch. They want

the portraits on a heavier stock. No one here seems to know what I am talking

about. They can do the enlargements but not the wallets. Where can I turn?

Your advice graciously appreciated.

Luke

epson velvet fine art paper would be heavier stock paper or a hannemuhle paper of a higher wieght at as well like photo rag 308 gsm.

This site is for the uk

http://www.silverprint.co.uk/inkj16.html

but just type in hannemuhle and you'll get an idea about heavier weight papers.

Are you printing this yourself? If so you need to try out the Hannemuhle papers. There is a reason why so many people use them. They're pretty incredible (also pretty expensive) and definitely worth what you pay.

I hope this helps. Get my email address off of here and write me personally if you have questions about anything.

To get multiple wallets on an 8x10 sheet, use the "picture package" action in PhotoShop.

file->automate->picture package

Are you saying your local labs can give you thicker stock on 8x10, but not on wallet? Normally, they print wallets on 8x10 (or larger) and chop them, so the wallets are on the same stock as the 8x10 prints.

Small labs traditionally run one thickness of paper, about 200-250gsm (gram/square meter, paper is rated in density, not thickness). They don't change papers for individual jobs because it's too much work. So, you'd have to find a lab with multiple machiens loaded for different thicknesses.

Inkjet papers can be had anywhere from 80-460 GSM, and since the papers can be fed individually, you have more choice.

What is the customer looking for, something that feels more like a card?

Picture Package Option. That may be the solution. The answer to your question, Joseph is that they would give me the thicker paper but could not format the page for wallets. Your answer may be the solution as long as it this is available in PS7 or PSE4. Thanks!