antonio_carusone

I went there today to trade in my Hasselblad cause Im ready to drop 3k on a

digital system and as I was pulling it out of my bag he said "oh not another

Hasselblad" and then said, "I'm not interested." I was freakin shocked! He

bought two crappy lenses off some woman before me and gave another woman $450

for a bunch of old beat up 35mm stuff. I understand that film cameras arent in

high demand but he didn't even bother looking at it and all the equipment is in

excellent condition. He could have easily sold it. They don't even have any

Hasselblad systems for sale on their site so its not like they have a cache of them.

Anyways, Im irritated and just needed to vent. I thought these guys buy

anything, especially something with value.

B&H has a few used Hasselblad's on their site:

<blockquote>

<a href="http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?

A=search&Q=&b=1&mnp=0.0&mxp=0.0&cmpsrch=&cltp=&clsgr=&Submit.x=20&Submit.y

=7&Submit=Go&shs=&ci=3087&ac=">Hasselblads</a>

</blockquote>

I wonder if part of their problem is they have *new* Hasselblads in stock and they may not be

moving very fast? But - what do I know.

Reverse roles: Say the salesman is showing you something they have for sale, and you decide you don't want to buy. Would it be ok for him to get steamed? Would you have to explain your decision?

They're in business, if he doesn't want to buy your camera, it's for one of any number of valid reasons.

B&H is selling their Hassy's for $500-$600. I guess I'm curious - what was your expectation?

For the same reason you are trying to shed it and buy a more cost effective digital solution

than a digital back for your current gear. I expect everyone else is in a similar position.

<p>

Have you considered buying a high quality MF film scanner instead and shooting film still as

your entry to high end digital?

Totally agree with Beepy about staying with film and using a good scanner. This is what I have chosen to do. The weakness is that processing will become slow and scarce. The lab I used for years has gone from a 2hr turnaround on E6 and C41 to 24 hours, and they're the biggest pro place in town. Fortunately a smaller lab is still doing 90min, but in two years' time I'll bet the picture will have changed for the worse.

it's only going to get worse.....if you want to sell it, do it now, the prices ain't going up. Or just keep it. Although I use digital 95% of the time these days, I have no intention of selling any of my film equipment.....and I have 10 times more film equipment than I have digital. The price one gets for it just aint worth it. I told my grandkids to sell it to the Smithsonian when they are ready for college......heh....only kidding.

Maybe Ill throw it up on Ebay. I have been considering to just keep it but Ive already decided to move to digital. As much as I love film I have realized that it's dying a slow death. Less clients are accepting it, less labs are dealing with it. It's sad. Oh well. For $500 I would rather just keep it and look at it. :)

I was just shocked that they bought a bunch of worthless 35mm gear, that was very beat up, and didn't even bother to look at my Hasselblad.

As for the Hasselblads on their site, they don't have any complete ones, just bodies. Mine has a lens, back, WL, Kiev Spot prism and polaroid back.

I think I just went there on a bad day. The guy made some comment on how a few other people tried to sell Hasselblads as well but he didnt mention if he bought them or not. Oh well.

Anyways, I have a 500cm body, 80mm CF lens, Hassy lens hood, A12 back, WL finder, Kiev Spot TTL prism and a Hassy polaroid back. Everything is in excellent condition. If someone makes me a decent offer its yours.