Wacom Intuos 3 kudos

Just bragging: after owning my Intuos 3 6X9 for about a year (saved me a bundle

with its CS2 deal) I've finally started to use it. The pen is WAY superior to my

mouse for dust spotting on 35mm silver..which is the only way I've used it so far.

Makes me MUCH more willing to keep shooting Acros and Neopan Vs switching to

digital, that's for sure. The Wacom pen is GREAT for dust spotting and I'm sure

it'll beat my mouse for dodging/burning.

<i>The pen is WAY superior to my mouse for dust spotting on 35mm silver. [....] The Wacom pen is GREAT for dust spotting and I'm sure it'll beat my mouse for dodging/burning.</i>

<p>

Never more truer words spoken John. The Wacom mouse is a little short of useless but for spotting and freehand dodging & burning the pen makes a mouse handle like an 18-wheeler truck next to a sports car...

<p>

...but spotting silver based films can still be painfull, even with the pen :) Im now waiting to see how long the left-hand side "Option" key (Mac) lasts on my keyboard - its continually being pressed during spotting to reset a new clone target.

I also purchased the 6x8 Intuos 3, and a 4x5 Graphire.

I have a couple questions hope someone here has some insight...

I dont want to talk about size, since I will be exchanging the 6x8 to 4x6 (likely). But the challenge I am facing is the Intous3 maximum point. I have played with the adjustments, but they are very stiff. If I make it slightly firm so the pen doesnt draw a broad line as I slightly touch the pad, so this way I get a thin grade of a line, but as soon as I reach the 100% "fill" point, it is too much effort. I have to press rather hard. And I want to use a piece of paper as the Intuos surface is very smooth, and unnatural to my tactile feel of drawing. The graphire works better at these points, but does lack the smoothness and the levels of the Intuos3.

I will call Wacom Moday to see if this is something with my particular tablet. But with paper on the tablet, and getting 100% coverage, is wearing down the nib VERY rapidlt, and it is an un natural push to get the max.

Your thoughts, if you do precise work, and might have noticed the same or?

Phil

<i>I just map one of the toggle buttons on the pen to the key-button combo for setting up the clone in that particular program</i>

<p>

Yeah... Ive been thinking about doing this too. Currently I have the lower toggle set for launching curves and the upper one for levels. Now that you remind me again Steven, I actually think setting it for clonning probably is the better way to go - it also would allow me to continue cloning while Im on the phone :))