Need new blinds

bj_rn_olav_monsen

Just found my current blinds trashed beyond rescue today. If it was wind, or the

work of some idiot im not sure of, but eather way it seems im on the lookout for

new blinds.

Weigth dont mean much, I got a strong back, and often use it close to the roads

anyways. I would like something that was quick and easy to set up. My current

blinds you just poped up in 10 seconds like a folding camping cheer. It would be

nice if I could fit two persons in it, but thats not a must.

Any and all advice on the topic would be most appriciated!

I had a friend buy a blind from Cabelas that looks like a large round bale of hay and will hold two people. His first time out with it in the middle of a small hayfield along a creek bottom a small buck and two does came right up to it. He said the buck even tried to take a bite out of the bale. He was very impressed with the weight and setup time. Cost him fifty five bucks. You can go online add a dot com behind the name and shop or order a catalog from them. I looked and they have a lot of different types of blinds to choose from. Hunting season is about over so I would guess they will be having a sale on the blinds.

I'm in agreement with the above poster. I use the

Doghouse blind from Ameristep. It sets up in less than 30 seconds. Probably more like 10. It takes some practice to fold it back up as it is one of those spring loaded things like a reflector.The cost was aroud fity bucks or so from Cabelas. I have done some good birds with mine. It easily fits two people.

Good luck in your search.

God Bless

Chris

Chris, I used all three of these blinds, the Rue, Doghouse and the hub style. All have pluses and minuses. I do not like the way the Dog house has to be collapsed and put pack into its case. The plus about the Rue and the Dog house is its low low peofile. The Dog house is bigger in the inside than the Rue and you do not have to sit or kneel on those metal ribs in the Rue. The Rue will last longer. Joe Smith

Take a look at the portable ice fishing blinds if you are going to leave one set up for awhile. They are pretty solid and many have good velcroed in windows that you can remove to poke lenses out. Some have a good heavyweight plastic sled in the base to keep you insulated from the ground/ice and this can sure come in handy.

Cabelas and hunting supply catalogues are good sources for blinds.

I was wondering if any of you have ever used a ghillie suit (a sniper's camouflaged suit) for photography? On the one hand, it's a wearable blind - and on the other you can't move very much or your profile and movement would give you away. My plan was to make a simplistic version such as a ghillie style poncho.

Just a thought I wanted to run past you guys. I live in Florida and I'm trying to improve on my utterly pedestrian skills as a nature photographer.

I apologize if it's a silly question.