Hasselblad portrait lens

I just became the owner of a Hasselblad 6x6 500C/M. Looking for an excellent portrait lens with

emphasis on a very shallow depth of field I wonder if anyone can give advice out of own experiences

and maybe add some pictures. I have an offer to buy a Planar 1:2,8 80mm lens but I wonder if the

depth of field is still quite large.

Define portrait? If by that you intend head and shoulder shots, the 150mm or 180mm are nice, but actually don't focus close enough for a frame-filling head crop. I settled on using the 150mm Sonnar together with a 16mm extension ring, and that is heaven for short DOF and close-focus.<p>

If by portraits, you're looking at torso or full body, the 80 will do, the 150 will do.

I'll second the use the 250mm and 150mm lenses. I have the black T* variety. Recently I picked up a black 120mm f5.6 T* S Planar, and I'm using that one quite frequently for portraits. I really like using this lens, the results are particularly satisfying. It's also surprising how bright the image is to view, for a 5.6 lens:)

Regardless of which lens you get look around for a Zeiss Softar. They come in a couple of strengths and fit on the front of the lens like a filter. They very slightly soften the sharpness while causing the highlights to take on a diffuse glow. It can be a very flattering effect and the ladies will love you!