dark room

tekeste_ghebretensae

Hi guys

What could my problem be,I need some help.

I use to make good prints using (CALBE CHEMIE)with THERMAPHOT 503 processing

machine.

Now these days I noticed that I am not having clean white like I used to.It

looks like yellow or dirty white over the whole image. when I processed

unexposed paper it comes out like creamy white over the whole paper ,I tried

on different paper it was the same ,mixed new chemstry it did not help I still

have the same result ,I did not change any thing new in my system even the

mixing plastic bucktes.

Please help me

thank you

Tekeste

Hi

Thank you guys for your response and understanding my poor english,

the chemicals where fresh mixed and I wash the prints directly in the running water from the line.but I will try to wash from another clean water because we dont use that line for drinking water some time it is not clean as expected to be.

thak you

Tekeste

Tekeste,

I also use the ThermaPhot (smaller model). Have you checked the flow of the pumps? Do this with clean water in the tanks and fill to just below the output side (hole on tank side) Make sure water is flowing well and strong. If not, the small ceramic rod that acts as the axel in the pump(s) may be broken. I had it happen to me. I replaced them both with carbon fiber rods as that was available and cheap. Would also be chemical resistant.

You may need to clean the tanks and roller cassettes. Get some Jobo Cleaner and follow the instructions.

Other than that, it may be a contamination problem with the chemicals. A single drop of BLIX in the DEV will ruin the developer and you may get that result.

Good Luck

Hi James

I usually clean the racks and run the machine with water before I put new chemicals,I even tried with different brand of chemical and different package of papers and I still have the same result ,the temperature was 37.5 C. when I checked it with ter.meter and speed is set to 45sec.maybe I have to check with the speed if it is running exactlly as it shows in the controll.

Thanks again James

Tekeste

If you check the timing, I usually time from the moment the leading edge of the paper hit's the first bath until it hits the second. I do this with a scrap piece of paper and the baths filled with water to normal depths. There is several seconds when the paper is out of the bath, but there is still chemicals in the emulsion processing away until it hits that next bath.

I really like these processors. I got mine cheap when I lived in Germany.

Jim