How Many Bridal / Engagement Pics?

roxyandkaidotcom

So when you guys do bridal and / or engagement shoots, how many pics (on average, of course) do you

usually end up with? I'm wondering if I'm too picky. I usually don't show more than 10 or 12 bridal pics

and around 15-20 engagement pics, tops (usually closer to 15). Most of the time I give a black and white

AND a color version for them to pick from (which some other photogs have told me I shouldn't be doing)

so it seems like more. Nobody's ever complained. I'm just wondering how you guys do things!

Here's a link to the bridal session I just finished uploading : http://roxyandkai.smugmug.com/gallery/

The password is : sredd

If anyone here is interested, check 'em out and tell me what you think!

Thanks everyone :)

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

I think your images look nice...nice skin tone and I really like the wider shots too. I usually end up with 20-30 finished engagement and/or bridal shots as well. I think if and image looks good in color and black and white, why not show the client both to choose from.

That's always been my thinking, too (about the B&W & color versions). I can't remember if

it was on this forum or another, but I posted a link to one of my older bridal sessions that

had every picture both ways and several people told me I should pick the one that looks

the best and only give them that one. They said "You're the artist! You should decide!" I

thought that was kinda silly. If it looks good both ways, I think the client should get to

pick. Some people love B&Ws and some people really don't. How the heck am I supposed

to know??

Anyway, thanks for looking at the pics! :)

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

I like the shots - very nice work. I don't think you can take too many shots but I do think giving too many and a B&W and color of each shot is too confusing to the bride. I think selecting a few of the good ones to show in B&W works best.

I love your locating for these. I can't believe you paid the $100 fee to use the mission. Did you? Which mission? I've switched to McNay because they are charging only a $10.00 use fee. What are some of your other locations you like?

Cliff

Thanks Cliff! It was Mission San Jose and NO, I didn't pay the $100 fee. I didn't realize they

had a photographer's fee until some lady came up to us as we were leaving and told us. Since

we were done, she said she'd just let us go (as opposed to what, I'm not sure ... did she think

she was going to confiscate my camera or what?) but next time to make sure and get a

permit. How silly is that? $100!! That's crazy! Anyway, yeah, I have an engagement shoot

coming up at the McNay. I'll post a link to 'em when they're up!