Epson 3800 max print length using fine art paper 37"??

Hi everyone..

I'm interested in the 3800. I know it does not take roll paper and i really don't need roll paper

convenience. the epson specs say it can use 17 by 22. I have heard/read that while it does not take roll

paper, its drivers can print to 37" if using the top feeder. I print on "fine art archival papers" ... like

Hahnemuhle 308 rag, hahnemuhle fine art pearl and moab entrada.. all of which have to go in the manual

back feeder. does anyone know for a fact, not specualtion, that the 3800 can print longer than 22" in the

manual fine art paper feeder (not the top main one).. with 35mm and some formats being 2/3

proprotion, to take advantage of the width of this printer , one of course needs to print to 16 by 24 or

so..My plan is to buy larger sheet paper and cutg it down to say 17 by 36... or something like that.

Basically, is it only the top main feeder where one can make prints longer than 22"???

many thanks

Mark

I would double check that. I am pretty sure it takes roll paper, but doesnt have a carrier perhaps. And likely how you get that larger print you are talking about, and likely with the help of a RIP software.

I had simpley used one of the roll boxes as a carrier. I placed a metal rod through the roll of paper, cut little indents on both sides of the open box in the middle, and layed it down. no friction, smooth wheel function, ready to "roll".

• 5 months later...
Not sure much help this is, but there is probably a way to hack the printer into printing longer lengths. My daughter (without much help from the Epson rep) was doing 30-foot panoramas with a 2200, supposedly limited to 44". (Don't ask me why - she's a little crazy.) I don't think she used the roll holder - getting the paper to run straight for 30 feet was the big trick.