Another camera that cost me 2 bucks.

ibcrewin

I am such a sucker..Anyway, I picked up a canon sureshot supreme from the

goodwill store.. It cost me 2 bucks. I picked it up to throw in my bag when the

DSLR is too big. I know this camera take a battery but I can't, for the life of

me find the battery compartment. Also, there is a little grey tilt/swivel thing

on the bottom near the tripod nut. What's that for? Anybody have experience

with this? Thanks. Ivan

I did google and came up with nothing.. I know it's aka the autoboy 3, and I looked that up.. Came up with nothing.. I think I might have to unscrew the side panel to access it but I don't have a screwdriver. The tilt button on the bottom has me boggled.

On the later Sure Shot Ace which takes the same battery (Lithium 2CR5 6v)and has the same grey tilt thingy (no idea what this does either)the battery is located underneath on the corner bellow where the strap is attached, but looking at a picture of your model it looks thinner so the battery may not go there.However I did find a reference to a replacement battery door on one site and here is the pic of it, I hope this is of some help.

Hi Everyone,

It took me a while to figure out the gray thingy too. But it seems to serve much the same purpose as those flip-down tabs on the covers of old folding cameras. By rotating the gray ovoid out of its cavity, you can use it to prop up the camera at a slight angle, when you put it on a flat surface. Not the most useful feature!

Sincerely,

Dave

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

<p>I just bought one and had the same problem. Look where the strap attaches to the body. That's the battery cover. There are two tiny phillips head screws. You have to take those out with a small screwdriver, and then the battery cover will lift off.<br>

The gray tilt thing on the bottom and the rubber thing attached to the neck strap are not involved. <br>

I was surprised that they use small screws this way, but I suppose they think the battery will last a very long time. </p>