Remote shooting with 5D and computer

jmconner

After recently upgrading from the 10D to the 5D, I am exploring the features of

shooting remotely with the 5D and a PC. I've been able to connect OK to the

computer thru EOS Utilities and can review images in Digital Photo Pro. I am

wondering how, if it is possible, in EOS Utilities / Preferences, to add a link

to PS CS/CS2? Any help or suggestions (about this topic or remote shooting in

general) from anyone who uses this functionality would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Joseph

Thanks for the Breeze link Mark. I will look closer at it. The reason for linking to PS is that I am more comfortable with it than DPP and I'm not sure that I even need it (DPP). I don't think there is anyway to refresh CS filebrowser without rebooting the program and that gets to be painfully slow. Shoot, reboot, adjust, shoot, reboot, etc... I would like to put the camera on a tripod, take a shot, preview the image and edit as required. I don't know how or what..., just wondering what might be out there.

> I don't think there is anyway to refresh CS filebrowser without rebooting the program

I don't know if I understand what you mean, but there is a View -> Refresh command (F5) in PS File Browser.

Both DPP and ZoomBrowser let you capture shots directly from the camera, and both programs have a command to open a file in Photoshop (or any other external program). Don't know if ZoomBrowser is still bundled with the 5D.

Strange enough, DPP doesn't hand the filename over to PS (the file is opened as "Unkown" in PS), whereas ZB does.

I opened up Photoshop CS to test for the condition you describe with refreshing the view in CS File Browser. I found that the images I add to a folder appear immediately in the CS File Browser. I could not recreate your issue, but suspect that using the f5 function key as previously suggeted may help.

Computer is an HP Pavilion zv6000, AMD Athalon 4000, 2GB RAM, Windows XP Pro.

If you are not using Windows XP Pro, I would seriously consider upgrading to it, or Vista when its released. In addition to 32 bit Windows XP Pro and Vista (Vista testing), I also use (test) 64 bit Windows XP Pro and Vista.

More RAM also makes your system perform better.

Thanks to everyone for the help. That is why I asked you guys. I have found the link from DPP to CS. I was wondering if anyone uses this and what suggestions they might have for shooting remotely. BTW, I am using a Dell PE 400sc, P4, XP Pro, 2 GB ram, Matrox Millenium P750, PS CS 8.O.