I need advice on a wedding with a lot of restrictions

nagya

no remote flash setups are possible. But I did talk to the owner of a rental company so I will be renting the 70-200 F2.8 for the ceremony (actually for a week which gives me plenty of time to practice). That will help a lot I'm sure. Thanks to one very helpful response I feel like all is not lost. So my equipment has changed to that lens with a canon 350D and a speedlite 480 ex. A tripod and a remote. and a lot of prayer that I'm not in over my head ;-) Thanks again you all are GREAT!!! I can sleep again......no more panic attacks!

Besides the tripod. I recommend a quick release mechanism for the camera/lens tripod. A bracket on the lens and the matching clamp on the tripod. This is a LOT easier and safer to do than trying to screw on/off the lens on the tripod in a hurry. There are all different QR mechanisms, and you might even have one right now.

Look on dpreview.com for information about xt noise at high ISO's- it's pretty good.

Getting the image is more important than avoiding a little noise.

If you want, tell her ahead of time that the image quality may not be as good and make a dated and time-stamped note in your log about warning her- that would be evidence in court if there is a fight over this.

If you have trouble with focus use the edge of the groom's dark suit against the background, which will probably be lighter.

You don't mention having a shorter focal length lens for other pictures.

If nothing else take the kit lens or you will be in trouble.

Personally I use fill flash a lot at events- try your 480 at minus 1 or 2 stops and use ISO 400 or 800 to reduce battery drain and speed up recycling.

Test this before hand to see which effect you like. I think that a lot of available light pictures look scabby because the light is too diffuse and there are too many deep shadows. Even at -3 stops fill will add dimension.